With Beating Hearts review by With Beating Hearts

• Released: Oct 11, 2011
With Beating Hearts: With Beating Hearts

With Beating Hearts is the solo project which front figure Colleen D'Agostino of the pop rock band The Material started. This project was launched during her active time in The Material, and has laid it's focus on pop music with electronic beats. Acoustic guitars and some piano also appears every now and then on some tracks like "Me and You," "My Only Enemy" and "Honest." This EP was released about a year after she had recorded her first full-length album with The Material. "With Beating Hearts" is the name of this EP, which is also Colleen's alias for this project.

I really enjoyed each song on this EP, great beats and melodies throughout the whole CD. Most of the lyrics are about love, being lonely and being strong. The track "Honest" tells a lot about how to remain strong while you're being pushed around by someone, "Your words hit but I won't bruise," "You can push but I won't move," "You think I'm weak but you're wrong." Very powerful lyrics which comes together really good the the music.

"My Only Enemy" is about how something can be bad in your life, like depression or that something is missing. "This cloud hangs over me, it haunts me in my sleep," "I've got to find my way back," "Save me and stop this war inside of me."

This EP was produced really well and is something that I listen to often. The only thing that was less good is that there should have been more tracks on it, really great songs. Compared to other mainstream artists these days I'm surprised that this hasn't gotten too much attention yet. With proper promotion this could go far.

The tracks that stood out most for me was "Fall Fast" and "My Only Enemy," these are really good songs that are catchy, powerful and have nice melodies. I would recommend them to those who enjoy pop music with a little electronic touch. This music has a lot of potential in my opinion.