Golgotha review by With Blood Comes Cleansing

• Released: Aug 22, 2006
With Blood Comes Cleansing: Golgotha

If you like your ears burned black by pounding guitars, crushing rythms, and three different types of screams, With Blood Comes Cleansing is the band for you. They are Christian Metal, and one of the hardest bands out there. You will hear upbeat shouts, high, fast screams, and death metal growls coming from them, along with fast and hard riffs and pummeling drums. If you like the hardest of the hardest metal, I highly recommend this band, especially for you Christian music fans. I guarantee you, you will not be dissapointed by them. I recommend this band for fans of Slipknot and Demon Hunter.

With Blood Comes Cleansing takes the stereotype of heavy metal being black and evil and turns it around. Their lyrics are about Jesus, God, all of that sort of thing. The song "Golgotha" is about Jesus dying on the cross, and "My Help" is basically a cry-or rather-scream-for help from God. I love how religious and praising these songs are. Want to worship God through metal? Listen to them. By the way, you will not be able to understand them without the lyrics on hand, so I recommend looking them up or something.

I am overall incredibly impressed with this band. As far as I know, Golgotha is the only album available by With Blood Comes Cleansing, but it is a great one. I recommend the songs "Golgotha", "My Help", "Bring Out Your Dead", and "Persecution", but I don't really like the song "Take Everything" and "Betrayal". If I lost this album or it got stolen, I would first cry and then go buy it again, no questions asked. I really don't like to compare bands/albums, but it's kind of like a more smooth version of Slipknot's "Vol.3: The Subliminal Verses". It is also far more positive and praises God. In conclusion, if you like the hardest of the hardest metal, especially Christian, you will not be dissapointed in this band. Their songs are for God and Jesus Christ, in metal form.

rockforjesus703
    Afi_rocker_91
    rockforjesus703 wrote: Listen closely and Dean Atkinson's deep death metal growls could appeal to the Slipknot fan. I for one am a huge Slipknot fan, and when I had other Slipknot fans listen to WBCC, they liked them. So yes, I am sticking with the fact that I think this band could be good for fans of Slipknot. That does not mean EVERY fan of Slipknot will like them, but the ones I've met have also liked With Blood Comes Cleansing. And if you're going to disagree, please be nice about it. Especially since the fact I am waaay against smoking and drugs.
    agreed! they are the best christian metal band out there
    ImagineTheThorn
    I wouldn't say they are the BEST christian metal band out there, I'm not real big on christian metal, but I am partial to Impending Doom over WBCC, and they do have another album called "Horrors". Not quite as good as "Golgotha" but still worth a listen.
    xDeadReckoningx
    Why "Christian" metal? Can anyone on here appreciate this simply as a metal cd? I'm a Christian. I love metal. Christian metal itself is not actually a genre. The "Christian" shouldn't even be there, as it concerns the band members themselves, or the lyrics. And also, Dean Atkinson did not perform the vocals on this CD.