Cosmic Egg review by Wolfmother

• Released: Oct 26, 2009
Wolfmother: Cosmic Egg

This album was a massive breakthrough for Wolfmother getting global attention instantly from the song New Moon Rising. It was released in 2009 it has 12 tracks and is on the record label Island Records Group(IRG). When I first heard these guys it was live on a tv show called Rove performing New Moon Rising, they kinda reminded me of Led Zeppelin with a Black Sabbath vocal. I'm gonna say a mix of 70's rock and and old school metal a very cool and unique sound indeed. All the members(Andrew Stockdale: Vocals Guitar, David Atkins: Drums, Ian Peres: Bass Guitar and Keys, Aidan Nemeth: Rhythm Guitar.) have got extreme talent and these guys have gone far and will go further.

These lyrics fit the style to the book just like something from Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath. The lyrics are entertaining and very catchy I love them. Andrew Stockdale is an amazing vocalist and has the voice to belt out the great lyrics he writes. Most of the songs on this album were written by Andrew Stockdale or other members of the band.

These guys blew mind apart and welded it back together, honestly this album is great and easy to listen to its not a full on blast wich is good for a change. The standout songs for me were cosmic egg and 10,00 feet. I love it for its unique sound and its awesome variety of sounds but it lacks in intensity in alot of places. if it were stolen or lost I would running to the store to get it. Overall a great album.

Awseomly Adam
    I don't understand how people who don't like a certain kind of music can try to argue with someone who does like it, that it's bad. I mean I don't like rap or teenage pop stuff, I hate that shit man. But I can't /wouldn't argue that it's bad, cause how would I know whats good or bad in that genre. So personally, I love this album I think it's awesome and I love that every song is epic and dramatic. Why can't everyone just listen to what they like and say what they like without being told their music is shit by people who dont happen to like it