Wolfmother review by Wolfmother

• Released: Oct 31, 2005
Wolfmother: Wolfmother

I think that the sound of the album was perfect. They sound, to me, like Led Zeppelin meets Black Sabbath meets The White Stripes. The songs all have that great classic sound to it. They use some simple scales and power chords and they make them sound amazing. Their songs sort of wore on me easily, but that's beacause I listened to the CD so much haha. Amazing sound, tone, and instrument usage. Also, the singers voice is just incredible, a very high tone and it fits perfectly. The last thing I like is how the bassist adds in keyboard solos and fill-ins. Nice stuff.

The lyrics are very psychodelic. Reminds me of alot of classic rock. It takes some reading because you can't hear everything he says all of the time, but none the less, good writing.

I think Wolfmother is exactly what music needed these days. We are stuck in an age of rap and emo bands. I respect both of their styles but think they are hugely overrated. Wolfmothers classic sound brings back the good days and I thank god for these guys haha. They came at a perfect time and I think if you like the bands I mentioned at the top, you should absolutely buy this CD. Wolfmother was an incredible CD.