Wolfmother review by Wolfmother

• Released: Oct 31, 2005
Wolfmother: Wolfmother

The sound of this particular self released album is amazing, the overall distinct Led Zeppelin/Sabbath sound during Woman and Joker And The Thief all give off a distinct sound to their image. The innovation for this CD is a variety of some acoustic elements and some heavy rock for those rockers looking for a good break from the emo bands.

The lyrics are all excellent on the album, Andrew Stockdale can really sing well on the album and during live shows. His vocal talent on 'Woman' really displays on his ability to sing with excellence. His voice is a good talent for a band looking towards a rock and roll future. I say Wolfmother will be the Sabbath/Zeppelin of modern day.

This album is a excellent album for any rock and roll fan, the band has really pulled of some amazing guitar riffs and vocal dispalys meanwhile still being able to push the envelope with their own style, being one a kind in today's music of punk and hip-hop. The 2 Most impressive songs I would have to say are 'Woman' (track 3) and 'Joker And The Theif' (track 7). The opening riff of Joker and the Thief really catches the ear. I love the sense of being with the music of the '70s all over again, if this CD were stolen or lost, I would definately buy or burn a new copy.

isbutterbeanok
    if u like classic rock yall should listen to american minor..they r new..i like wolfmotehr as well..but if u like wolfmother and zeppelin and sabbath ulike american minor..check em out
    Serrana
    wolfmother are badass. Why are people saying they are bad because they sound like zep and sabbath, but then say they love zep and sabbath? I dont think jimmy and robert and jpj are going to revive bonzo and start makin music(good music) again,and I know ozzy is in no shape to do so, so this is the best we got. I for one have worn out every zeppelin and sabbath song there is, so if wolfmother is like another zep CD, then ill buy it. And for those people saying its sad zep is still being imitated, that people should be more "original". When you take a step back and look where that "originality" is leading us (emo, pop-punk, all metal categories, rap, hip hop, etc) its no wonder everyone is thinking "****, I guess the 60's had it right". Why keep exploring music when the pinnacle was reached 30-40 years ago? And btw, this CD IS amazing.
    wolf182
    saw the wolf in brisbane last night f**k everyone who says their shit they f*cken rock, he's a sh*t guitarist i read somewhere? okay make your own f**kin band better than this, record it, make it huge, be a better guitraist than him, sing as well as he does, play a show that amazing and then i will go outside and eat my own head.
    RHCP_25
    Wolf motherROCK!!! . dont u think the riff from Witchcraft sounds like Ocean Colour Scene's Riverboat Song ???