Wolfmother review by Wolfmother

• Released: Oct 31, 2005
Wolfmother: Wolfmother

The sound of Wolfmother is reminiscent of older classic rock bands, such as Sabbath, Zeppelin, Blue Oyster Cult, ect. It's a good sound, pretty catchy stuff. I don't really know of any concept for this album. This really seems like one of those throwback bands that finally made it. Not only is it a classic rock throwback sound, but it also has parts of today's modern rock to balance it out. Big chords, catchy beats, and the vocals of Andrew Stockdale all accompany each other for one amazing album.

Stockdale is a solid singer, compared to modern rock he's pretty awesome. Not all of the lyrics really make any sense, but if you hear some of the odd sounds and themes these guys come up with, you really can't be surprised that they confuse the hell out of you. The lyrics are pretty decent aside from that, and his voice is great for the type of music they play. If you can get past the sometimes illogical lyrics, you'll love it.

A pretty awesome album. I really can't point out one bad track. What's impressive about this album is the different styles and types of songs on the album. You have upbeat pop-rock songs like Love Train, straight classic rock sounding tracks like Dimension, modern rock songs like Woman, and a few acoustic songs as well. Very well rounded. The only thing I hate is that we have to wait for another album! If I lost it completely, I would definitely pick this up again.

ibanez87
    Tales From The Forest Of The Gnomes (which has ridiculously been left off the US and UK versions)
    It's not left off, they just shortened it's name to "Tales"
    georgez
    Sound: Wolfmother's self-titled album sounds delicious. I think it's one of the best albums in this millenium. Guitars sound just like they should sound like and vocals echo in the empty place somewhere. 10 Lyrics: Stockdale's lyrics are trips out from the reality and they bring comfortableness and so-much-needed joy to the grey time. 9 Impression: Wolfmother impresses well and it is there in CD. It's like Queen or MCR. Totally awsomeee! 10
    Seidenschnur
    It all just reeks of trying too hard and that always sucks. I don't know...maybe I'm just sick of the non-stop media attention given to certain bands that may or may not even live up to the expectation.
    guitartiger
    Wolfmother rulez!!!!! They r my 2nd fav band they rule with their whole old school rock style very, very nice ...IM A WOLFIE!
    alucardmik
    got the album, it got old fast, and i'm not usually the type to get sick of songs.
    Stoner Rocker
    I just don't understand why everyone is comparing Wolfmother with bands like Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin. Wolfmother definitely has a whole other style and these bands can't be compared with each other. Of course Wolfmother carries some little influences from Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath, but they clearly don't sound alike (and trust me I got practicly got all the CD's from Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin in my collection). So stop making it sound like the Wolfmother bandmembers are soms kind of blaphemers, which they obviously aren't. Wolfmother is just a great band within the (which we call now) Classic Rock genre. And indeed the music they isn't really that hard to play, but I think, if you can make this kind of awesome music which doesn't need major guitar skill to play, then you gotta have great skill in some kind of way. Wolfmother is really a great band and brings a fresh sound to the boring music world as it is ruled by emo bands and hiphop artists today. We truly need bands like Wolfmother nowadays to keep Rock music alive. Wolfmother really kicks major ass and that's that!