Wolfmother review by Wolfmother

• Released: Oct 31, 2005
Wolfmother: Wolfmother

They might not have been around for a long time, but Wolfmother seems to have come out of the '80s with a great bite of modern music. Their sound is so different, it's almost impossible to say they copied off of anyone's style. They might've taken the sound from other bands, but don't we all in one way? Wolfmother's modern sound mixed with their inspired style is definately a wonderful combonation these days. It's just what we need, a really distinct sound with a lot of diversity.

I'm not going to lie, the singer's voice is very squirrely. Almost annoying if the lyrics he put to the music didn't fit, but it does fit, so it's all good. The songs are very mythical with a lot of make-believe topics, but who said it isn't interesting. The way Stockdale (vocalist/guitarist) writes and sings these lyrics makes you want to listen. Stockdale's a good vocalist, but he might be a little better is his voice wasn't so high pitched.

The only comparisons to other artists are the bands that Wolfmother were influenced by. Even then, they're uncomparable. Their song, 'Joker And The Thief' is definately one of their more highligted songs. The phasing sound during the intro and the (pre)chorus' is definately interesting and a great tone. Pretty much the entire album is a different sound that most people aren't used to. It show's that they're brave by going the extra distance to get the sounds that many people haven't heard or tried to get out of a guitar or a keyboard. I love every track on this album and I don't hate anything about it. If I had the actual CD, and I lost it, I'd get it again, but I have it on iTunes, so I don't need to worry too much.