Wolfmother review by Wolfmother

• Released: Oct 31, 2005
Wolfmother: Wolfmother

The sound of Wolfmother is a refreshing sound to hear nowadays. They, of course, resemble the sound of Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath, but they are not rip-offs. They also have their own special sound unlike anything I've listened to before. The sound on this CD is superb. The only thing better is Wolfmother live! Just cut out the onstage energy and sideways keyboard solos, and you get this album!

The lyrics at first annoyed me. I didn't understand them. But, back then, I thought all lyrics had to tell a story. These words might not be telling you a long tale of a boy who goes to the store and nevemind. The point is, the lyrics are actually very beautiful and fit the music well. Andrew Stockdale, in my opinion, is the best vocalist out there right now. My only complaint, however, is the repetitive use of some words. Two words like this are "Purple Haze" and, the most overused one of all, "Yeah!" But the music is so great it's hard to pick it out. It's still great, nonetheless.

This album is overly compared with other artists. Many think that this album is a rip-off of Zeppelin. I can assure you it's not. They have their own sound, which is great! They would have brought back good ol' 70's rock 'n' roll if they had lasted. So I believe this album will be a legend. An unknown band with one album. Many of the songs are great, and famous. five or six have been used on commercials or video games. And the fact is, each time I listen to their songs, I like them more than I did before. They grow on me! Like Mind's Eye. Great song, but I used to hate it for being so slow. Then, I actually decided to pay attention and listen to it all the way through. It has the best vocals on the whole album. It is now one of my favorite songs. The same goes for Love Train and Apple Tree. A list of five of their key songs on the album (all are great though): Woman, Joker And The Theif, Dimension, White Unicorn, Mind's Eye. If it were stolen/lost, however, I would not buy it again. But only because I have it on my iPod! However, if it means that if it was stolen I would never be able to listen to it again, I'd buy one as quickly as possible! This album is amazing. I love Wolfmother because of this album, and I think you will too.

frusciante_50
    jarroddowalter wrote: This is one of the best albums I have ever heard. I can honestly say that every song on this album is in my top 50 favorite songs of all time.
    Then you haven't listened to enough songs.