Wolfmother review by Wolfmother

• Released: Oct 31, 2005
Wolfmother: Wolfmother

The sound of the album is a mixture of Led Zeppelin, The White Stripes and some other hard-rock bands. This album has 2 hits: Joker And The Thief and Woman. Woman won the "Best Hard Rock Performance" Grammy award in 2007 and was featured in video games Pure and Motorstorm(PS3). Joker And The Thief was featured as soundtrack in Jackass 2 film and video game NFS: Carbon. Songs from this album was included in many films, games, commercials. This album is a mixture of hard rock, 60-70s rock, stoner rock and psychedelic. I like its sound. There are 2 songs played slowly and on the acoustic guitar: Where Eagles Have Been and Vagabond, other songs played fast.

I don't understand English very well, that's why I don't understand some lyrics. ButI like the lyrics I can understand. The vocals are very good. I watched Please Experience Wolfmother DVD, on which almost all songs from this album were played, and I understand that I like the vocals on live seccions more that vocals on the studio recordings.

I think, this album is simular to The White Stripes' fourth album, Elephant. Most impressive songs from the album are Joker And The Thief, Woman and Dimension. I like the album's sound adn I can't choose the one song I don't like. Unfortunately, I don't buy an album 'cause it isn't sold in our country, but if I'll have an opportunity to buy it, I'll buy it.