Wolfmother review by Wolfmother

• Released: Oct 31, 2005
Wolfmother: Wolfmother

For a little while I had been hearing alot about this band, "wolfmother". My friends told me they have a sound like no one else today. They spoke the truth. Honestly, Wolfmother is one of the few bands around today that if they were around 30-40 years ago, they would have fit right in. Wolfmothers guitar and bass sounds are very high on distortion, and it guves off the fuzz kinda sound. Now the first time I heard this I thought "God that sounds awful!". But, it is actually one of the best sounds I have heard in forever. It's very 70's and there's alot of power behind it. The drums have its moments, but it's nothing too out of the ordinary.

Andrew Stockdale is one of my favorite singer/guitarists of the decade. As soon as you hear his voice, you know its him. He does a good job on the album, even that wail at the beginning of Dimension. The lyrics really span out on this album, which isnt very normal anymore for lyrics to do that. White unicorn is a kind of ballad. Woman is a very late 60's hippy song. The joker & the thief, is a story between the obviously, joker and the thief. Really, its just a referance of the characters in Bob Dylan's "All along the watchtower". To this day, I still don't know what "Apple tree" is about. The lyrics are very thought out and planned, which really, they are the best I've heard in a while!

This album is very different. There is no more Rock'n'roll. If you're considered rock, you are Muse or Coldplay, which in reality, is alternative rock. If you're in a metal band out of this decade, most just try to be the hardest, fastest, and baddest they can be. Wolfmother is neither of these. They just throw out good old rock'n'roll, the way its suppossed to be! My top 5 favorite songs on this album: 01. Colosal 02. Joker And The Thief 03. Woman 04. Tales 05. White Unicorn I love the new sound and how is doesn't sound like everybody else. It really is something fresh that alot of us have been waiting for for quite a while. There really isnt anything to hate on this album, except for the weird acoustic beginning in Where eagles have been. It kinda gets on my nerves a little bit. If it were lost or stolen I probably would buy it again. It's an album I think will be remembered for quite a while. It's last decade's, we are in 2010, Dark side of them moon, really. At least that's my opinion.