40th Anniversary Collectors Edition [DVD] Review

artist: Woodstock date: 07/03/2009 category: compact discs
Woodstock: 40th Anniversary Collectors Edition [DVD]
Release Date: Jun 9, 2009
Woodstock set the standard for all rockumentaries to come. Sensing that the now-legendary 1969 Woodstock concert would be something more than a mere "happening", director Michael Wadleigh brought along a battalion of cinematographers and assistants.
 Content: 10
 Production Quality: 9
 9.2
 9.5
 8.9
review (1) 10 comments vote for this album:
40th Anniversary Collectors Edition [DVD] Reviewed by: ofreena, on july 03, 2009

Sound: The iconic Woodstock '69 festival was all about peace love and music. I feel ultimate peace when watching this. I am absolutely in love with this DVD. It's all about the music and the culture. The sound quality is fantastic considering this isn't exactly the peak of technology. This DVD marks the 40th Anniversary of this fantastic concert that aroused 300,000+ people. Only 80,000 were expected. Amidst all the chaos in this "disaster" area everyone was peaceful , and 90% of the audience was stoned. I guess the other 10% were naked children, cops and doctors. // 9

Overall Impression: This is the best DVD I have ever bought. When I first opened it I was crushed, "Why isn't Hey Joe or White Rabbit on this?" and I instantly went and bought a Jimi Hendri dvd, but once I finally put in the Woodstock DVD I was blown away. I bought it 2 days ago and have watched it 4 times. It's amazing. Most impressive thing is the Santana drum solo, but otherwise (not taste wise) would be how well they captured everything and condensed it enough onto two dvds, but as well give you the emotion and the vibe. Showing clips of people getting high off of air and naked children running around and playing with drum sticks really help to show the atmosphere. If this was stolen, I would buy another one and keep it with me always. // 10

Comments