Road To Guitarcadia review by Xander Demos

• Released: Jan 7, 2010
Xander Demos: Road To Guitarcadia

I remember the first time I heard the guitar wizardry of Steve Vai on his track, "The Audience Is Listening", or the first time I heard the amazing sounds that eminated from my speakers, as Adrian Vanderberg's guitar sang to me on the Whitesnake album. Then, I discovered Xander Demos. From the opening guitar riff, I was greeted with a melodic, yet techical genius that will forever resound in my conscious. Vai, Vandenberg, Demos. The songs are little treasures of both melody and shred. The blazing fast riffs are matched with harmonious feeling, because for Demos, the song is always the priority. Borrowing from essential influences like Neal Schon and Eric Johnson, Demos layers each brilliant texture with the skill of a mastercrafstman. While paying homage to these guitar heroes, Xander maintains complete artistic integrity; showcasing his outstanding chops and gift for songwriting.

In addition to the instrumental tracks, a surprisingly pleasing find on the CD is Xander's cover of Don Henley's "Boys Of Summer". Mike Sciullo's vocal delivery matches the overall intensity of the track. Not your typical metal guitar fare, this song is easily the most radio friendly.

"Road To Guitarcadia" is an EP that contains several tracks that are being remixed for Xander's full length CD, due this fall. The full length is being mixed by Firehouse singer, CJ Snare, and will no doubt continue the path to stardom for Mr. Demos. Standout tracks are "Right Angles" and "Up From The Skies", while Xander's tender take on Chris DeBurgh's classic "Lady In Red" is perfect for listening with your lady. Maybe, she'll let you leave the rest of this incredible gem on in the background... This is a must have for any fan of guitar albums. So, turn it up and play it loud!