Good Spirit: Live At The Enmore [DVD] review by Xavier Rudd

• Content: 2
  • Production Quality: 9
Xavier Rudd: Good Spirit: Live At The Enmore [DVD]

Xavier's sound from his acoustics are amazing. His didgeridoo produces a fantastic warm and sometimes haunting sound that can only be believed when seen live. His playing technique of playing all instruments as a one-man-band is incredible, he plays some songs with guitar/lapsteel, stompbox, vocals and didgeridoo and then others with didgeridoo, stompbox, Aztec drum, djembes and other drums. His vocals are also great!

Content — 2
This live concert has next-to no features. It kind of brings it down alot, although for it's price I guess you could expect that. It starts with the menu, but has only "Play", "Song Selection" and "Credits". He plays a wide variety of his songs, and they are truly amazing.

Production Quality — 9
The camera work is very good and the quality and clearness of the movie is extremely good, it's almost like you are there! The camera often shows views of the instrument(s) he uses at the time (e.g. if he's doing a didgeridoo solo, it focuses on that) and also views some of his other usually hard-to-see instruments like his stompbox.

I'm a huge Xavier fan and this DVD is incredible, for his first DVD. As it does not include any extra footage or anything, it kind of brings it down, although makes up for it by the great show! His didgeridoo playing has really inspired me to play more, and my songwriting. I got this DVD at his concert and watched it the day after, so it wasn't as exciting as I would've found it if I hadn't been to the gig. If this were lost or stolen, I'd buy it again, and is very affordable, for a DVD.