Fever to Tell review by Yeah Yeah Yeahs

• Released: Apr 29, 2003
Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Fever to Tell

Sound is excellent. There aren't any live songs on cd you probably couldn't tell if it was live or not. Harmonics in "Rich" are brilliant. I love the guitar in "Pin" it sounds good and it is also easy to play so thats also a plus. Maps is a beautiful song, comming from a guy its weird but I think its great. They have a couple of solos in the album some not really matching the song but some go right along with it. The songs are simple but also intricate. Mostly using same chords and tabs over again.

Karen O. is a talented lyricist. Most lyrics talk about sex eg. 'be my heater be my lover and we could do it to each other' in Cold Light. Also in that song O. sings of inscest, yum. My peeve about the lyrics is she somethimes runs out of creativity for lyrics. In Pin during the chorus she sings what the guitar plays instead of just real words. So lyrics are somtimes lacking "pizazz."

This is album is fantastic. You can listin to it over and over again. Or at least I can. They can compare near uppity up top of bands for me and other bands of their genre. My favorite songs are Rich, Pin, Modern Romace, Maps. And the band doesn't have a bass guitar so that sometimes saps the whole of the band but the guitarists are talented nonetheless. I lost the cover pamphlette thing but my sister (whom I stole the cd from) said it was average. Yea I probably would buy it again if lost. And I can't wait for the next album this being their first and only.

rlp11
    i don't think that karen lack of creativity for lyrics in "Pin". she was just trying to have fun w/ the song and fool all of us around.. that's what make karen o so special, right?!!
    tescorob
    yeah it actually doesnt make any sense to say karen did something wrong.. shes untouchable!!
    febick
    To say this album is anything less then a 10 is a bold faced lie.