Lights And Sounds review by Yellowcard

• Released: Jan 24, 2006
Yellowcard: Lights And Sounds

Definitely a lot more mature. The intro song features a piano (very mature) and the violin (also mature). The guitars use a lot of effects, which add a lot to the sound. I've been listening to the single "Lights And Sounds" for a while now, and now that I've listened to the CD it seems like the odd song out. It's all great, no matter what.

The lyrics are impressive. Not the shallow lyrics like on the last CD, these lyrics actually make you think. It's really impressive. The lyrics could appeal to all audiences. The lyrics go hand in hand with the music. The singer has some talent. He sounds basically the same, except for a few songs. The one that jumps out at me is "Down On My Head."

This CD is miles better than their last one. They have matured greatly, as stated above. The layering of the instruments really sounds great. There's nothing that jumps out at me that I hate about it. I love this CD. I downloaded it off of iTunes, so it can't exactly be stolen, but if it were somehow, I would definitely buy it again.