Lights And Sounds review by Yellowcard

• Released: Jan 24, 2006
Yellowcard: Lights And Sounds

I think they've really done a great job on the sound of this album. Ocean Avenue was basically all just a bunch of power chords thrown together to sound good (granted it still ended up sounding alright), but this actually seems to have had more thought, time, effort, and heart and soul put into it.

Hands down, the lyrics on Lights And Sounds are 10 times better than those on Ocean Avenue and even their earlier stuff. The better lyrics with the better sound just makes for a better album obviously. I've listened to this CD almost non-stop since I got it a few days ago and the lyrics really make you think, I find it easy to relate to them and feel the emotion that was put into writing them.

It's a great album, it's just that simple. I haven't found a thing I hate yet. I guess the tracks I like the most so far are "Down On My Head," "Waiting Game," and "Holly Wood Died" (not that the rest of the tracks aren't great though). The violin and even the piano parts on this album add so much to it and overall it's just pretty freaking great!