Lights And Sounds review by Yellowcard

• Released: Jan 24, 2006
Yellowcard: Lights And Sounds

I love the music! The music is much better than Ocean Avenue. Yellowcard have changed from being pop-punk to pure hard rock. The drummer hits his drums and cymbals even harder. The violin player starts using pedals with his violin and that is what makes the sound even better. A good example of a song with a violin and a wah pedal would be Rough Landing, Holly.

The lyrics got slightly better. I wasn't really impressed with them, but they were better than the ones in Ocean Avenue. Ryan Key still sounds the same though. The lyrics and the music go together much better and I was really really really impressed.

Yellowcard have undergone a major change since Ocean Avenue and Ryan Key sounds like the lead singer for American Hifi. The most impressive songs on this album are Lights And Sounds, Down On My Head, Sure Thing Falling, and Rough Landing, Holly. I completely love this new album. There are some things I hate, but they are so insignificant, I don't even care! If this was stolen/lost, I'd do everything I can to find it or buy a new one. This album rocks!