Lights And Sounds review by Yellowcard

• Released: Jan 24, 2006
Yellowcard: Lights And Sounds

When I first picked up the Lights and Sounds album I was expecting a mix of Ocean Avenue and One For The Kids, but I was pleasantly surprised to hear a lot of sounds from Ocean Avenue and also a lot of sounds from One For the Kids. I am very much into Yellowcard's music because of their style of playing, which is always on beat and very soothing, but also because of the violin. The violin in the band adds an overall effect not achieved by many bands today. It adds the effect of being able to add something totally different to their music, which sets them apart from other bands that keep popping up these days.

First and foremost let me say that the lyrics are amazing. Me and my friends just sat down and listened to the lyrics one day and we find that we can relate to a lot of them, which I find to be awesome. When a bunch of teenagers can relate to the ups and downs of a CD's lyrics you know that the band is doing something extremely right. Yellowcard, in my opinion, has always been amazing at writing lyrics from One For the Kids to Lights and Sounds. If you yourself cannot relate to a song that you hear, there is someone else close to you that can or it will make you think of someone who can. The lead singers in Yellowcard, Pete and Sean, are amazing at being able to hit all pitches throughout the song and keeping up with the music. Everything is exactly on beat and they are just amazing singers.

Lights And Sounds I think is definitely Yellowcard's best album to date because it combines the best of the best of their two previous albums. My favorite song has to be Down On My Head just because of the way it sounds and the lyrics can relate to anyone and I think it is a song that you could listen to if you needed to just chill down or something. There is nothing I truly hate about the album except the length. I wish it could be longer, but I love everything about the album and if it was stolen I would just go and buy myself another copy because the CD is that amazing. If you don't have it I recommend going out and buying it because you will love every minute of it.