Lights And Sounds review by Yellowcard

• Released: Jan 24, 2006
Yellowcard: Lights And Sounds

Yellowcard are a hard Band to submit a review for but I'm gonna have a go anyway. When yc brought out thier new album (lights and sounds)I think what they had going through thier minds at the time was let's produce an album that tells a story not only about people in todays society but abou the whole world aswell and I think they have done just that with thier new album lights and sounds but this time the lyrics are not only more unique but different in the way they tell thier stories aswelll.

Like Green Day, YC have also strayed away from power chords and used chords which are an A chords and so on. The chords, intros, melodies and solos are perfect for the lyrics of this album because these chords take YC outta there comfort zone and come out with amazing lyrics and melodic tunes which impressed me a fair bit. My favourite song off thier new album is the song waighting game and that song tells a story of how this guy is dead but some how tellepathically he tells this chick that he needs her more than ever before but he's also pretty desperate aswell to say things such as these.

My overall impression is that YC have produced an album that is easy to follow along with in that the lyrics are easy to understand and for anyone who wants to learn how to play these songs there actually quite easy so people can play them quite efficiently. The last time I spoke to ryan key (YC lead guitarist & singer) he said that his plan was to bring out an album with YC that's easy to understand where YC are comming from in there point of views and what they are trying to say. So that sentence finallises my review for Yellowcard.

truerocker52
    If you look on the covers of some of the albums it says, "Bonus Track: Three Flights Down included". I don't think it was in all of the albums. But I got mine off of iTunes, so it came with it.
    turnfoot
    i love the new album! i'm so glad yellowcard finally matured as a band! hope they stay this way!!! "how i go" is definitely the best song...
    turnfoot
    oh, and can someone tell me on what cd "gifts and curses" is? i haven't found it in the lights and sounds cd.
    SundaySt
    Three Flights Up is the one on the album..Three Flights Down is the lyrics found inside their cd cover.. and oh yah..the album rocks..fusion of Punk and Classical (Violin and Piano parts.. ..10/10