Ocean Avenue review by Yellowcard

• Released: Jul 22, 2003
Yellowcard: Ocean Avenue

Pop punk meets a violin. Yeah normally you'd say what the hell, but now with Yellowcard. They seem to have managed to bring the melodies of pop punk to mix with a classical sound of a violin. Ryan is a fairy talented guitars, and then add sean's violen onto his rhythm to add a very mellow yet rad rock beat. listen to "Way away" for a perfect example of their NSync beat.

Yellowcard's lyrics are zoned more for teenagers. Whether you're going through a heart break.. or wanting out of this so called "prison". Some of the songs sound the same but it gives it kind of a on the same page vibe. Ryan's got a great voice.. with room to improve.

I highly suggest buying this cd, I fell in love with yellowcard the first time I heard way away. The songs that show Yellowcard's true talent are Ocean Avenue, Empty Apartment, Only One, View From Heaven, Twenty Three, and Way Away. The only thing I dislike about the album is it kind of sounds like Mest. But other then that Yellowcard is a great band, Ocean Avenue is a excellent cd.