Ocean Avenue review by Yellowcard

• Released: Jul 22, 2003
Yellowcard: Ocean Avenue

Yellowcard is definitely unique with the violin. The first time I heard a song off their old album, I feel in love with them and definitely was impressed by how much better there new album, Ocean Avenue was over their already kick ass stuff on The Underdog EP and One For The Kids. But the violin just rox on the cd. On the song Only One, the violin just makes you feel like you are climbing. Everytime I hear any of the songs of this album, the songs just make me want to get up and jump around.

The lyrics are pretty sweet. The are meaningful and aren't all about heart ache which is an area a lot of bands tend to lean on these days. The lyrics consist of subjects all across the board, friendship, moving all the way on the other side of the US, love, 9/11, being young, etc. And Ryan Key definitely has an amazing voice.

My overall impression of this cd was it kicked ass. Out of all my cds and cds I have ever listened to, this is definitely by far my absolutely favorite one. The songs are just so energetic and just bring me to life hearing them. The cd is definitely worth it's money. Personally, I think they are getting robbed for what the cd cost. It's way underpriced. But I fully recommend whoever reads this to stop right away and get to the nearest cd store and buy Yellowcard's Ocean Avenue.