Ocean Avenue review by Yellowcard

• Released: Jul 22, 2003
Yellowcard: Ocean Avenue

I love the sound of Yellowcard. They are rock, but with Sean Mackin on the violin, gives that, I dunno, just an awesome bonus, and gives the music some individuality. It would have been a risk to add him to the band, it could have been a complete disaster, but it works in with the music brilliantly, and is just awesome!!!

Lyrics are great. they might be the best lyrics I've ever heard from a band in their genre. they fit with with the music which is great. Ryan Key, who is the lead vocalist has a definite pop/punk voice, sort of like the sound of simple plan or sum 41. Sean Mackin, violinist, who also sings the song "twenty three" also has a really cool voice. Alex Parks, the bass player also contributes with singing, but has no solo. but he works in the music. Their voices combined make perfect harmonies, while not sounding all pretty...brilliant!

It is definitely a major contender to being my favourite album of all time! The most impressive songs would be track 2: Breathing and track 6: Only One. They show great vocal skills and just rock hard. But my favourite song is twenty three, it just kiks some major assage! I've it was stolen or lost, I would buy it again, hey I might even buy 2 copies! It is definitely worth buying and I recommend it to everyone who likes rock, but wants a different approach to it. I love this album sooo much!! haha. Cheers, bye.