Ocean Avenue review by Yellowcard

• Released: Jul 22, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 4 Poor
Yellowcard: Ocean Avenue

How has this CD managed to get so many good reviews? I can describe this annoying sound of the album in about 6 words. High pitched, annoying, and eerily homosexual. The violin adds about one thing to the sound of this band, a high pitched rythm in the background. I'll give them points for being slightly original in this world we live in, which isn't so easy anymore, but please I beg of you; get ride of the violin and be some normal emo/punk band!

The lyrics are what you'd expect from any emo band. They sing about girls, girls, and more girls. Not one original idea here, guess they maxed out on the violin idea huh? The singer's voice (yes I'm sure he has a name but who really wants to know it) is about as annoying and high pitched as the guitar.

Lets see what could I possibly compare this to? How about my 9 year old brother's orchestra concert? Yep that sounds about right. Terrible, utterly and complteley terrible. I like one song period, and that because the acoustic guitar is the focus of the song (rather than their oh-so original violin), which is One Year, Six Months. The rest are pretty lame. If it were stolen, well hey I wouldn't honestly care, to be honest I ask myself this question right now, would I even notice? I gave this album 2s, but that was being considerate of the fact that they are rich and famous where as I am not, all in all though, I don't see how anyone could possibly want this album.