Ocean Avenue review by Yellowcard

• Released: Jul 22, 2003
Yellowcard: Ocean Avenue

The sound is superb in all the songs. I don't have a personal favourite because I love every song on the CD. There are the rockier songs (e.g. Way Away, Breathing, Twentythree) and there are also the medium paced songs (e.g. Back Home, Only One, Ocean Avenue) and there the soft songs(e.g. View From Heaven, One Year Six Months). So there are songs for everyone. The violin (played by Sean Mackin) just takes the band up a level. They're truly unique. A punk band with a classical instrument. You can't go wrong with that.

The lyrics are heartfelt and original. They wrote about missing their hometown (Jacksonville) in Back Home. I really loved all the lyrics in all the songs. Ryan sings pretty good but I could do better (kidding). He sings with the rhythm, always on time and I reckon he's doing a pretty good job so far as lead vocals.

They're a top notch band and as their major record, Ocean Avenue is a top notch album. All of those who like rock and punk music, get this album. It won't dissapoint. Most of the songs are super. The exceptional ones I have to say are Only one, Back Home, Breathing and Ocean Avenue. If this CD was stolen from me. I would buy another and put it in my safe. It's worth your money and if you've got cash, buy this CD. All I go to say is that Yellowcard will never dissapoint. Trust me.