Ocean Avenue review by Yellowcard

• Released: Jul 22, 2003
Yellowcard: Ocean Avenue

The music in this album is awesome. The violin goes great with guitar and drums. Yellowcard combined punk rock and violin to create a new type of music that is completely awesome. That combination is genius and pretty clever. I was so impressed with the sound in this album. It's so awesome!

While the music is great, the lyrics are not. The lyrics in my opinion are pathetic. The only good parts are the choruses. Other than that, the lyrics suck completly. I was listening to one of the songs and I thought the music was great but the lyrics completely killed it.

Overall this album was pretty impressive. Ryan Key kinda sounds like the lead singer from American Hi-fi. The most impressive songs are the first three in which I'll list from my favorite to least favorite: Ocean Avenue, Way Away, and Breathing. I completely love the music but once again, I hate the lyrics. If this was stolen/lost I'd definetly do all that I can to get the album back. Lyrics suck!

Vertigo-fly
    shadowsofbodom wrote: PUNK sucks, it should never be revived, YELLOWCARD SHOULD DIE
    Dude, if you don't like them, them don't post, dumbass... personally i don't care what you think. Yellowcard are an awesome band... oh and inventive name btw :|
    USCENDONE BENE
    lollz at a7x41, he wrote "they sing about girls. It's okay for about 2-3 songs, but then it just gets repetitive and gay . Did he not rwalise that doesn't make sense? haha, this Cd is some amazing and original, sure it's not really punk, but it's still better than most of the crap that makes it to the shelves these days