One For The Kids review by Yellowcard

• Released: Apr 17, 2001
Yellowcard: One For The Kids

The songs off the album are pretty good considering that they weren't really big when this album came out. I like the way the violin adds more soft melody to the acoustic songs. The sound is pretty much pop-punk but with a softer feel to it. Some of it might make you want to jump up and down, and some might make you want to cry into your pillow.

The lyrics are pretty much the same as all punk bands (about girls) but there are some little stories in there. For example there is one where he talks about how they are on the road to stardom and he really wants to leave home. The lyrics fit with the songs pretty well and I had no problem unstanding what he sings. The singer also sounds pretty good.

Overall it's a pretty good CD. If you like that softer version of punk then I suggest you get it. The acoustic songs were the real big hits for me. Some of my favorties from the album are "Rough Draft," "October Nights" and "Big Apple Heartbreak." If it were lost or stolen I would definitely buy another.