Paper Walls review by Yellowcard

• Released: Jul 17, 2007
Yellowcard: Paper Walls

Yellowcard made their album as a balance between their other albums. Their music is still the same but there are more riffs and good mix of violin and guitars. Their overall sound is great. Their music style got better and better as they mature. They added great effects to their music right now compared to their previous major labeled albums. Paper Walls has a great sound.

The lyrics in their album were really good. They used many methods in composing their lyrics. They created lyrics based from experiences and some based from other people. The lyrics is very compatible to the tempo of the song. They used a violin to support the emotions of their lyrics. The singer showed an excellent job. He sings very well. He's still the very good eventhough he had some problems at his throat.

Compared to Ocean Avenue and Lights and Sounds, this album is better. They used the musicality of Ocean Avenue and the hard-sounding Lights and Sounds. The most impressive songs in their album were "Five Becomes Four", "Paper Walls", "Light Up the Sky", and "Fighting". But the others songs were good too. I love all the songs from the album. I hate nothing. If it were stolen/lost, I would buy it again because it is really impressive. Paper Walls will definitely rock your world. Yellowcard has grown with full potentiality and skillful musicians. Great.

USCENDONE BENE
    I like this album a lot. Certainly one of my all time favourite bands, this album deserves more recognition
    SureThingFallen
    Yeah this album is really a change back to feel good music after lights and sounds seemed to go more towards the actual sounds and not what they meant ABSOLUTELY AWESOME album the first week it was in my possession it was played 80 times every song on my iTunes now the takedown is by far and away my favourite song of 2007 musta played it over 1000 *checks* yeah i did =D
    SureThingFallen
    Great album and i still love it now i hope they tour europe soon so i can see em any news on who their new bassist is yet?
    Drinkcocola
    This is probably for those who missed the older Yellowcard. The Lights and Sounds CD really wasnt all that great but this...this definitely is right below Ocean Avenue (Best CD)
    AwesomeDrummer
    imo, Ocean Avenue and Paper Walls are great albums, with catchy songs, and decent violin. Lights and sounds (although not my favorite) was a big step in Yellowcard's journey for their sound. The violin featured much more in it then OA and PW, and artistically, was a fine album. I enjoyed it, as well as respect it. people need to understand that if you keep putting out the same albums you get bored. Yellowcard tried something different, so rather than bagging them about how lights and sounds was crap, think about it more thoroughly before you speak/type.