When You're Through Thinking, Say Yes review by Yellowcard

• Released: Mar 22, 2011
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Yellowcard: When You're Through Thinking, Say Yes

The album started of fast and strong. They played the the Yellowcard we all know and love. This album had Yellowcard's sickest riffs ever. After a two-year break, Yellowcard wrote songs that are more mature, serious, and serial. Towards the end of the album, the band shows how they have grown up and moved away from the heavy punk sound they played back in the early 2000's.

Ryan Key's writing becomes more and more mature after each album. The band said that the break was the greatest thing that they had ever done for Yellowcard. They've all matured in their own way and it shows. Key's vocals get a little stronger and stronger after each album as well.

Compared to all of the other Yellowcard albums, this one stands out completely. Just the sound this record makes changes your perspective on everything they have ever written. Some of their top song from the album include Sing For Me, Promises, and When You're Around. The thing I love most about this album is the momentum it built. It got me so excited that I pre-ordered it on February 22 (the first day pre-orders were available). It gained all of this popularity and it didn't disappoint. If I misplaced the album in some way, there would be no doubt in my mind to go straight to the store and buy another copy. This album was one of Yellowcard's bests.

Xomar
    i'm loving this album, got it yesterday. Good ole' yellowcard
    intothe
    SparkyDude03
    I am a HUGE Yellowcard fan, and have all their studio work and most of their live released work as well. I can solidly say this is also my second favorite or maybe even favorite album they've done so far. I cannot wait to learn all the songs on here for myself. Great great music in this one.
    Mark Roxx
    Very good album! I was listening to Yellowcard yesterday and coincidentally found they had a new album just yesterday when it came out
    drhammertime
    intothe wrote: Imo, this is their second best album, placing itself a bit after Ocean Avenue but slightly ahead of Paper Walls. To me, this is what should have been the follow up to Ocean Avenue
    My thoughts exactly. And to the UG Team, I doubt any real Yellowcard fan wanted a change in sound or direction. YC tried that with Lights and Sounds. Not a bad album by any means, but definitely not an improvement over their normal sound.
    cg2002
    I got the album yesterday late at night because that was my first oppurtunity of the day. I ended up staying up way to late listening to it. I have been a YC fan fromt he start. Its great to hear their skills improve and adapt for each album. I love the riffs and cant wait to learn them all.
    S_L_y
    Seriously, new insane albums from: Yellowcard, Rise against, Funeral For A Friend, Sum 41... March 2011 best month ever
    cinderwolf7
    i personally know the band, and used to know their former lead guitarist before he passed. they are not only fantastic musicians but wonderful people as well
    HendrixRock97
    exactly the same feeling on it man
    CommanderMeaty
    The album is amazing! I felt in love with it thoses first days. and for your information, the band is not punk in any subgenre. they are more alternative.
    AwesomeDrummer
    Ocean Avenue was a good debut, Lights and Sounds was a big creative step (my personal favorite), Paper Walls was a good blending of the two, whereas this album, though good enough, seems as if it's caused Yellowcard to take a step back.