Yessongs review by Yes

• Released: May 4, 1973
Yes: Yessongs

This is a live recording of Yes from the year of 1972, and it was released on Atlantic Records in 1973. I personally think this is Yes in its prime. Ok, simply put, the keyboardist can play whatever he wanted to. He is extremely talented, and I can't stress it enough. Steve Howe creates his unique sound on the guitar, and Jon Anderson has the most unique voice in classic rock history. The songs they produce live is a lot better than the recorded stuff, and the music is so mystifying. Although many tracks exceed ten minutes, it's very hard to lose interest in each one.

Like I said before, the vocals are just as good live as they are recorded. These songs describe very "hippie-like" things, such as nature and interesting people. It's very pleasing to hear and I recommend checking these lyrics out. Don't expect to find Van Halen and GN'R metal-type lyrics in this album.

Even though this album is spectacular, it is not meant for everyone. These songs are realy enjoyed by the fans of the '70s era, but probably not the '80s and other periods of head-banging metal. But if you are a fan of Yes and you don't have this album, I don't understand why you're still reading this; get it. Some people may dislike the songs, but I guarantee nobody will be disapointed.

70'sdude
    The greatest part of the entire album is Chris Squires bass solo in 'The Fish'
    schizoid man77
    The greatest anything yes ever put out, and if you havent listened to them, this is the album to start with!