Attack!! Review

artist: Yngwie Malmsteen date: 03/11/2004 category: compact discs

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Yngwie Malmsteen: Attack!!
 9.3
 7.9
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Attack!! Reviewed by: Taterdamillion, on march 11, 2004

Sound: Hee Hee! This is the first Yngwie (pronounced Ing-vey if you don't already know) album, and it has just blown my mind. It's the most amazing, creative, different thing I've ever heard in heavy metal. I love heavy metal and death metal even, but I also like classical and opera a lot; I like Metallica and Amon Amarth, but I also like Beethoven and Phantom of the Opera. I can honestly said I never could have imagined this kind of merger of my favorite musics. Yngwie is without a doubt greatest guitarist I've ever heard. Yes, even better than Jimi. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are typical heavy metal lyrics... typical of the 80s. These are some classic 80s metal lyrics. They make me think of Alice Cooper and Iron Maiden, but with a little mythology and war talk thrown in. On one hand, I think they are really dumb and annoying, and I hate them. On the other hand, I think they are really dumb and annoying, but I kind of just laugh at them. For example: "You must die now! You must die now! Attack!!" On the other hand, assuming I have three hands, I think they are really fun and I like listening to them. What a dilemma. // 8

Overall Impression: I love this album. It's addictive, and songs like Rise Up, Ship of Fools, Attack!!, and Baroque & Roll really push my buttons. The opening solo to Dreaming is amazing, and I am ultimately impressed and amazed by this wonderful album. // 10

Comments