Marching Out review by Yngwie Malmsteen

Yngwie Malmsteen: Marching Out

I absolutely love Yngwie's sound on this record. I bought this CD and I just wore it out to death. This is my favorite CD in my entire collection. Yngwie's tone is just absolutely stunning. The members are Yngwie Malmsteen on guitar, Jeff Scott Soto on vocals, Jens Johansonn on keyboards, Marcel Jacob on bass, and Anders Johansonn on drums. I love the track "Marching Out"; he does these crazy volume swell-type things in the song towards the beginning, I kinda liked that. My impression of the band's sound is just in one word, "untouchable." I have never heard any band that sounds like them on any CD. I am just very impressed with this album.

Nobody comes close to Jeff's voice, I don't care who you are, It's phenominal how he hits all of those crazy high notes like he does on the album. I love the lyrics; it's like they tell a meaningful story to the listener about anguish and fear, and triumph. They just have a special meaning to me.

To me, this CD does not compare to any other record out there. My favorite songs on the album are: "I Am A Viking," "I'll See The Light Tonight" and "Soldier Without Faith." I especially like "I'll See The Light Tonight." It has just the most mind-blowing solo I've ever heard. If this CD were stolen or lost, you can bet yourself I would buy it again without a doubt. I love everything about the CD from lyrics to solos to structured parts, overall it's just amazing to me.

Lackesse
    Great singing on this album,music is good,but sound is rubbish...but i understand that,year 85
    shreddinater
    This is the album God listens to, because God is playing on it. Long live Yngwie the greatest guitarist of all time. I am a Viking.