Relentless review by Yngwie Malmsteen

• Released: Nov 23, 2010
  • Reviewer's score: 2 Junky
Yngwie Malmsteen: Relentless

Sound wise its hit and miss. The production and mixing is pretty sub par. It has been since "Attack" and "Alchemy". I loved unleash the fury though, great album. This album though along with perpetual flame are just utter garbage. I mean ripper doesn't fit in, the mixing is terrible, the solos are just there to be there. There's very little since of EPICNESS like in the older albums. It's just well made out of all the songs 2 were good, "Critical Mass" and "Arpeggios From Hell". But wait a minute isn't "AFH" already out? Yeah... But it sounds awesome.

Lyrics overall from what I heard are what you'd normally expect from Yngwie. They're good but nowhere near the older records. I did like the "Critical Mass" lyrics but otherwise lyrics really don't get judged much with Yngwie. Its overall feel and excitement you get from the music. The singer... In his own area (Judas Priest and Iced Earth) is excellent. With Yngwie tho... Not so great.

The album sucks plain and simple, if you have to hear it just download it from a torrent. It's definitely not worth the purchase price. He needs to change that singer and get a real mixer or I'm not buying the next album. He is my favorite guitarist and a living legend, but lately I am about to cut my rope on Yngwie. I forgave him for "Perpetual Flame" but this one is just utter suckage.

thebigredjj10
    I don't get all the hate in the comment section here, I thought it was another solid effort from a brilliant guitarist, not for everyone, but still good. The second review (with 2s) was a joke).
    Loki_37
    Perpetual Fury wrote: jas6nq wrote: .... yngwie has had his moment in the sun and new younger, original guitarists need to take over. ....says who ?? & why ??.... & takeover what ?? ... & why do many like ur ilk, all seem to treat guitarists, like they're all in some sort of friggin' Football League Competition Table, - all striving to WIN the end of season Trophy ! - yawn ! Why do so many music fans act like 5yr old brats, chucking a tanty, & playing the "I'm the king of the castle, & ur the dirty rascal" my guitar hero is better than ur guitar hero game !?? Music is music - old or new ! U either like it or U don't ! - big deal ! Clowns like u carry on as if U think the colour Red is better than the colour Blue, for example ! - says who ! & why do U or does anyone get to have the last word on the matter ?? - can everyone please repeat to themselves... Music is subjective & emotional - & therefore it's just my Subjective Opinion ! .....thnx.... rock on Yngwie ! ps... thnx for recommending Takayoshi Ohmura !
    This post would be a lot better if you took the extra second to spell out "you" even then, the grammatical errors would be forgivable.
    ABSTRACTSYMPHON
    IM A BIG FAN OF YNGWIES HE IS THE MAIN REASON I PLAY I STARTED TO PLAY GUITAR AND STARTED MY BAND ABSTRACT SYMPHONY MOSTLY INFLUENCE BY HIS MUSIC I HAVE TO SAY IM ONE OF HIS BIGGEST FANS IN THE WORLD BUT I HATE TIM VOCALS ON YNGWIES MUSIC SPECIALY WHEN HE PLAYS LIVE HE RUINS ALL THE CLASSICS HOPE RELENTLESS IS TIM LAST ALBUM WITH YNGWIE AND YNGWIES LAST ALBUM TRYING TO PLAY SO HARD HEAVY THERE ARE SO MANY SINGERS OUT THERE WHO CAN DO SO MUCH BETTER FOR HIS MUSIC THAN SOME ONE LI KE TIM I RELY LIKE SOMR OF THE SONGS ON THE NEW ONE BUT THEY WOULD BE SO MUCH BETTER IF THEY HAD ANOTHER SINGER LIKE VESCERA,EDMAN,TURNER,LEVEN,SOTO EVEN DOOGIE ONE CAN ONLY DREAM OF ONE OF THIS SINGERS RECORDING WITH YNGWIE AGAIN CHECK OUT ABSTRACT SYMPHONY INFINITE DESIRE EP AND SOME AWESOME YNGWIE COVERS ON YOUTUBE AND MYSPACE WWW.MYSPACE.COM/ABSTRACTSYMPHONY CHECK US OUT ON YOUTUBE PLAYING FAR BEYOND THE SUN LIVE