Rising Force review by Yngwie Malmsteen

Yngwie Malmsteen: Rising Force

When I had first heard of Yngwie Malmsteen, I thought he was just another shredder. I was so incredibly wrong! The sheer technical prowess and his neo-classical influences, that are more prevalent on this album than any other, are not only impressive but, his ability to remain metal without simply electrifying his guitar and playing a natural harmonic scale is possibly the most amazing thing on this album. If any one person could claim ownership to a scale, Allan Holdsworth would get the minor pentatonic and yngwie would get the natural harmonic scale (his mastery of this mode is one of the most spectacular peices of musicianship I have ever heard.

When their are lyrics, they are so far in left-field it is almost hilarious but, the vocalist that Yngwie employed for this album has his own incredible musical talent to overshadow the corniness of his somewhat obsurd lyrics.

Overall the entire album is very, very tight and well put together. Jans Johansson and Barriemore Barlow and both incredible musicians, Johansson rivals Yngwie himself in technical skill and Barlow is a very solid and talent drummer that is very underappreciated. Personally I, and many other guitarists believe the Black Star and Far Beyond the Sun showcase his amazing technique but, I really like Little Savage and Now Your Ships Are Burned are two very strong recordings. If this album were stolen(unlikely) I would find the little asshole who took my album and kick his sorry clepto ass back to whatever fucking whole his kind are spawned in.

Rising Force
    Malmsteen's first solo debut album sounds wonderful.His technique,original style and talent are amazing.For me he is the best guitarist in the world ever.One genious like him is probably born once in 500 years.I would say that for me he is also the best musician in the world ever,from the beggining of the human kind.His music is something that is so hard to explain and it is so incredible. This is his best cd ever and i would suggest it to everyone. I love every single song on it