Rising Force review by Yngwie Malmsteen

Yngwie Malmsteen: Rising Force

This debut solo album from the then 21-year-old heralded a frightening guitar talent that countered the Eddie Van Halen school of boozy, rock 'n' roll flash with impossibly speedy neo-classical runs, a blur of alternate picking and lightning harmonic-minor arpeggios. Yngwie got his first "big break" by sending a tape into a guitar magazine!

The lyrics are very Power Metal and are sometimes very cheesy. Great singer though. He has a fabulous range. But the lyrics are a let down. I want to write more but you can't really write in the lyrics section when really this albums all about one man Yngwie Malmsteen, the guitarist.

This album pratically created Neo-Classical music. We had Ritchie Blackmore doing it but more subtly and noone really knew that it was classical runs. But this man, who takes a huge influence from the Man In Black plays these classical runs with more precision and more speed. This album encouraged me too look out for any other Neo-Classical guitarists and I'm glad I bought it now. It's made me completely revamp my style and the way I play. But now I can't really listen to ohter music without there being a fast guitarist!

ericgentz
    Yngwie kicks ass. Yah, I am pretty sure he probably used pickups that were hot rodded like insanely... or maybe he just had a 6k fender...