Rising Force review by Yngwie Malmsteen

Yngwie Malmsteen: Rising Force

Astonishing! For and early '80s album, this is a breath of fresh air. Yngwie combines the elements of rock music with the compositional skills of Bach, Paganini, Tchaikovsky and Vivaldi into a new form of rock/metal: neo classical shred. Yngwie was amazing and known for his work with Steeler and Alcatrazz but his Grammy Nominated Solo debut is simply amazing. This album ranks high above all of his other cds.

Lyrics wise, only two songs have any but they are good songs about mythical, Viking-esque lore and Malmsteen can write some good lyrics. This album focuses on instrumentals but Jeff Scott Soto has an amazing voice for this style.

No instrumental shred album can compare to this. This is the bible of shred guitar. Malmsteen started the whole 'Bach 'N' Roll' craze in the '80s and if it wasn't for him, we'd probably never have Tony MacAlpine, Jason Becker, definitely Vinnie Moore, Michael Romeo and me along with a plethora of others. The beauty of this album is simply breath taking. From the soft sweet sound of Icarus Dream Suite to the fury and expression of Far Beyond The Sun all the way to the rockin' Evil Eye, this album screams genius.

udy
    One of the best instrumental cd on the world. Many guitarists try to make a truly interesting cd and many of them can't able to give me some plus. Maybe Gilbert's "Get out of my yard" cd affected me so strongly. Yngwie thank you.....
    wildchild6660
    will-loves-zep
    wildchild6660 wrote: StratSlinger421 wrote: Whoa there rising force. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that youre a fan of Yngwie. He is quite incredible i have to say. I find it just a bit odd that he uses a Strat instead of a humbucker guitar. I'm sure every one of his pickups are hot rodded to hell, but somehow he makes a strat work in shred format. Rock on Yngwie! You are a role model to us all. Hey the guys from iron maiden (i keep forgetting heir names, sorry) use strats quite a bit. So does kirk hammett.
    just thought id say the guys from maiden use strats with stacked (high powered) pickups in the bridge position, i'm didn't know hammett used one! i just can't manage to get a good tone out of single coils but whoever can: fair play!
    thrashnmosh782
    ROTFLMAFAO the lyrics r SOOOOO cheezy! but he can sing. and malmsteen is an assshole, how good he plays that ****kin guitar!!!!!
    Silky Smooth
    Alot of people would think that He actually uses very very low output single coils, the Dimarzio Hs-3's and YJM though im pretty sure he sticks to using all HS-3's. Thats a key signature to his tone that everything being sent to the amp is crystal clear in tone and he lets the amp do all the work!
    Zangetsu 101
    Yngwie was the first 'shredder' I heard and this was the first of his album's I listened to. I will never forget how amazed I was and still am.
    BradIon1995
    The first time I heard Far Beyond The Sun... My God... I still break out with a mad grin every time