Unleash The Fury review by Yngwie Malmsteen

• Released: Jul 26, 2005
Yngwie Malmsteen: Unleash The Fury

I found yngwie about a year ago when my friend was talking about some kid learning 20 seconds of the most insane guitar work he had ever heard. The kid had been practicing for 2 years. I thought the kid was just useless but I downloaded "Arpeggios From Hell" and its been the best thing I've ever done. I have over 100 of his songs and all of them are masterpeices. This is no exception. The Technicality of his guitarwork simply blows my mind even after I have heard it numberous times. He is truly the best guitarist in the world today. Songs like "Russian Roulette" are stock full of solo work that would confuse even the best guitarists you know. On some songs he plays base solos in the background that flow so well with the singing such as in "Beauty And A Beast" that you really have to look hard to pick out. When you start to hear him go though you will be amazed.

Many people critisize Yngwie for his lyrics calling them cheap and cheesy. To a point they are right on some of his earlier works. He has been working on his lyrics it appears because he has made a solid improvement. Cheroke Warrior seems to have some good thought into it and Russian Roulette also seems to stand out. Unleash the Fury was more about guitar work but had some interesting lyrics too. Probably my favoirte lyrics are from the first song Locked and Loaded. "Youv'e got a head full of lead, thats what I said. Youv'e got a head full of lead and now your dead." sung to a great beat and melody simply gets you into his song and the enjoyment skyrockets.

His best album will most likely always be "Oddesy" but this one comes very close. Some of the guitar work is scary to listen to at times because your thinking "He must have strained some hand muscles doing this." Overall I think that this is a great CD and the perfect addition to any Malmsteen fan. Good for first time listners too.