Unleash The Fury review by Yngwie Malmsteen

• Released: Jul 26, 2005
Yngwie Malmsteen: Unleash The Fury

Even in his 40, Yngwie proves he can still shred on guitar. His playing is simply unbeliveable on this album and he seems to try to stay away from his usual Em scale and put all of his heart and soul into his solos. You can tell how much effort and dedication was put into this CD and is a new dose of shred for the hardcore Yngwie fans.

The lyrics on this cd are very well written and really express a certain message throught the song. The lyrics are almost like another melody intertwining in the constant flow of the song. Yngwie doesn't have amazing talet with his singing skills but for the songs he does sing (Cracking The Whip and Cherokee Warrior) he sounds really good. His main singer, who sings just like they did in the '80s, can at times sound extreemely cheesy but its bearable. A great effort to boost up the talent in his lyrics by Malmsteen.

This may not be his best album but some of the songs like Cracking The Whip and Revolution are guaranteed to be instant classics. My favorite songs on the CD are Paraphrase, Fuguetta, Cracing The Whip, Unleash The Fury, Magic And Mayhem, Revalation (Drinking With The Devil), Let The Good Times Roll and Revolution. I was a bit disappointed when I found out there were only three instrumentals on the CD, and two of them were under 2 minutes long. Even though short, they make up in catchiness. If my copy of Unleash The Fury was stolen I know for sure that I would Unleash The Fury!

joshjhasarrived
    Listen to the first track, and that's pretty much the only track you can enjoy. The songs all sound the same, the lyrics are cheesy, it has great shredding, but, you know, it all sounds the same. Was a dissapointment.
    Shreddin 4 Life
    Well, "joshjhasarrived" either isn't a committed musician or just frowns upon shred cuz he doesn't know what he's talking about. This album's great and ALL the tracks are killer. Yngwie fans won't be disappointed and REAL shred fans will love it as well. This is definitely one of Yngwie's greatest works so far!!!