Unleash The Fury review by Yngwie Malmsteen

• Released: Jul 26, 2005
Yngwie Malmsteen: Unleash The Fury

Well Yngwie returns, and he must be pissed, cause every song owns on this album. This is definitly their heaviest album, no doubt. The 80's sound and shred is still present, but the harder riffing, and double bass drums add a unique side to Yngwie's album. Though the sound quality kinda isn't the greatest, for some reason it sounds like an Indie self-financed album, it's pretty rough, but I guess it adds to the 'heavier' edge. Well, it shows more or less that Yngwie isn't dead yet, he's still around.

I've never been too fond of Yngwie's lyrics, but who can blame me, I don't know many people who really care for anything but Yngwie's playing. But the lyrics really are some of the best I've heard from Yngwie and the singer is amazing as usual, but once again, it's Yngwie, and Yngwie's band. I guess the lyrics just aren't enough to stand with the guitar in this album, but some songs have cool singing parts, like Revolution, probably my fav. song on here.

Well every solo sounds like Yngwie, it's nothing new, he uses the same notes, same patterns, same most everything, but you know what I still love it! Guitar-wise, every song stands out, he's still a better player than most give him credit for, but I think they are just jealous of the guys serious chops. Lyrically/singing, well lyrics aren't the best ever but are the best Yngwie ones, and the singing is never dull. I just don't like how Yngwie never really changes too much of what he does, but I still love it, so it's all good.