War To End All Wars review by Yngwie Malmsteen

• Released: Nov 7, 2000
Yngwie Malmsteen: War To End All Wars

This is a quite good Neclassical Metal album, as you'd expect it from Yngwie. I'm a big Yngwie fan, and this album didn't disappoint me, at least not in songwriting and music. But although the music is awesome, the sound quality is very bad - the mix is the worst I ever heard. The drums sound extremely thin, sometimes it sounds like the drummer (John Macaluso) was playing on tins. You cannot hear the bassdrum sometimes, and in the overall mix the drums are too loud. The bass is way too loud as well, and the rhythm guitar sounds muddy. And the lead guitar is way too loud. And the singer (Mark Boals, my favourite singer) is often "buried" by the other instruments, you can't hear him clearly all the time.

As I said before, the singer on this album is my favourite singer - Mark Boals, he's just awesome. But the lyrics are typical for Yngwie songs, the best example is the first verse of "Crucify", where you can hear: "In hell your soul will burn forever, bringing eternal pain." But the lyrics somehow fit the music.

I think this album is good. Although the production is horrible, it's still way better than all that shit you hear on the radio nowadays. As I said, I love the music on the album, but I hate the production. The most impressive song is "Miracle Of Life", a beautiful ballad about Yngwie and his family. If this album was stolen, I would definately buy it again, because the songs are great. But I hope Yngwie will remix this album someday.

Dragon Fly
    Indeed, Yngwie must remix this album. There are some great songs on it, that don't come out good because of the terrible sound quality. Let's hope Yngwie will remix the album and make a new booklet for the album. Cause the pictures and drawings in the booklet are as bad as the sound quality.
    TroyA_Easson
    Completely agree. The mixing on this album ruined it. Such a shame, because this album could otherwise have been one of the best in many years.
    beatrocker
    Flaming Chaos wrote: "Number Of Tracks: Pony Canyon" i lol'd
    Yeah, I lol'd there too.
    SYLrules88
    one hell of a late review. but a review nonetheless. also my favorite album by him/them but i havent bought every album that seems to drop every six months from him/them either haha. usually production quality bugs the hell out of me but on this record, somehow im able to look past it.