Outside We Are Fine review by YouInSeries

YouInSeries: Outside We Are Fine

The first song I heard off this album was The Watcher, a two minute and forty second song with great musicianship on all instruments. It was a good way to start off the CD but I found it semi-misleading. It has a good sounds but this sound is recreated very similarly in every other song on the CD. They have a very good sound because they have a good singer, a good lead guitarist, an outstanding drummer, and some good bass lines thrown in the mix, but I couldnt say I saw any musical innovation in this CD that hadnt already been don't by Circa Survive or Radiohead.

This bands lyrics are nonsensical as are many bands of a similar genre to them such as Dance Gavin Dance. This band creates melodies that fit in well with the music created to make it sounds as good as possible then right lyrics in that fit the melodies compromising the quality of lyrics. The singer to this band is one of the most outstanding qualities of this band in my opinion. He has a soothing voice and he layers it at certain parts to create a good quality of music on this CD.

This band seems to me to have a lot of influences from the band Circa Survive, so if you are into Circa Survives music this would probobly be a good addition to your collection. The three songs I found most impressive on this album are The Wather, Get Comfortable Not Knowing, and Lose Faith in the Truth. I love the sounds this album has but it has a serious lack of variety. Many of the songs sound pretty much the same and even though this is a very good sounds it kind of gets old a few songs into the CD. If this CD was lost or stolen I would more than likely but it on my list of CDs to get but I can't say it would be at the top of the list.