All Our Kings Are Dead review by Young Guns

• Released: Jul 12, 2010
Young Guns: All Our Kings Are Dead

The band have a distinct sound that flows throughout the album. With only 5 weeks to write-my expectation weren't great, but I liked the single's so it was worth a try. Let's just say it's one of the best albums I have. Dark and Emoish at times, but good. It often lends the lyrics to modern society and Gustav Wood's(Vocal)past. But if the modern society bit was true-we should be worried.

The lyrics are dark and can be a bit depressing at times, but non-the-less, they are good. Songs like 'Sons Of Apathy' and 'Weight Of The World' have dark twists with lines like,"My father conquered seas/But was not there for me" and "The weight of the world is a burden I can't bear". Wood's vocals link well with the music and make for a dark mood.

This is an exellent album and one of the best of new artists this year. Perhaps the only contest from new artists comes from Francesqa-We Lived and Kids In Glass Houses-Dirt. About five songs really stuck out as paving the way-'Sons of Apathy', 'Crystal Clear', 'Weight Of The World', 'Winter Kiss' and 'At The Gates'. Probably the only problem is that Kids In Glass Houses-Dirt pips it occasionally-so I normally listen to that. However If Dirt was lost/damaged-I wouldn't get another copy-because I have this album until I decide to get Dirt again-or mabye I'll just forget about Dirt.

Felkara
    Izzy-M wrote: Skinny91 wrote: Direct quote from a friend, "the worst band I have ever seen live in my life", they could have been having an off day though. From the songs I've heard personally, I really like Sons of Apathy, Winter KIss was alright. I wouldn't say they were very unique, but good none the less. I saw them live recently and it was on of the best gigs i've ever been too. They were outstanding, 100 times better than the cd.
    Could not get over how incredible their set at Reading '10 was. Blink was the only band that bettered them. I'm still on my first listen of the album, but it sounds like the sound that's coming out of Hertfordshire at the moment. Ever so slightly budget-ed to be honest. Doesn't capture the power of the live tracks unfortunately.