Jekyll + Hyde review by Zac Brown Band

• Released: Apr 28, 2015
Zac Brown Band: Jekyll + Hyde

Zac Brown Band's "Jekyll + Hyde" album is in my opinion another solid album from a solid country band. The album has many great songs on it, for example "Beautiful Drug" which is a great song from the vocals to the instrumentation. As with many other Zac Brown Band album's this features great acoustic guitar on songs like "Tomorrow Never Comes". Then you have the more techno like song of "Beautiful Drug" and the song "Junkyard" which has kind of a rock feel to it. which overall give the album an interesting mixture of classic and newer country music. The sound on this album is definitely quality work by a quality band.

Lyrically this album has some real moving pieces like "Dress Blues" which upon first hearing the song was very moving. This song was one of the first songs I listened to on the album and after hearing this song I was convinced I should listen to the rest. As usual Zac Brown shows of his versatility tremendously with a mixture of almost every music style from rock to R&B. As usual the tone of his voice on every song is incredible, no matter what style he uses he does tremendously well. The number of themes in this one album is surprising and just how versatile the band is.

My overall impression of this song is very good, I have always been a big fan of Zac Brown Band but after hearing this album it put them right near the top of my list of favorite artists. In my opinion the most impressive songs on this album are "Dress Blues" and "Beautiful Drug". I love the great instrumentation and vocals of Zac Brown, and I have to say that I really don't hate anything about this album. It is an overall great album and really shows of the versatility of the band as more than just a country artist. And yes I would buy it again and again if it were stolen.

theoliraptor
    Interestingly enough, Dress Blues is the one song on the album they didn't write....tis a Jason Isbell cover. The guitar solo on ZBB's version is fantastic though. I personally found this album to be pretty inconsistent, sure there are some good songs on It, but they are thrown amongst so many misfire experimental tracks. Mango Tree for example is just a plain silly song that adds nothing to the album except a longer running time.
    C-Ball
    I agree with you on the song Mango Trees, but I wouldn't call the album inconsistent it is just diverse in the types of songs on it in my opinion. Interesting thoughts thanks for the comment