No Paradise To Lose review by Zaraza

• Released: Nov 18, 2003
Zaraza: No Paradise To Lose

This is the most odd band I have ever listened to in my entire life. Yet, the most amazing band. It mixes elements of black metal, folk, funeral doom metal, classical and industrial death metal, therefore they classify their selves as Industrial Funeral Doom Metal. No, there aren't any bands similar to them anywhere (just like Ulver, but in a different musical style: Ulver is completely unique!), they are extremely unique, and I recommend everyone to give it a listen. The members are both Polish immigrants; the word "Zaraza" means "Pest", "Pestilence", "Plague", "Infest" in Polish. Unfortunately the band has split-up in 2006 (because they didn't have money enough for more recordings), making impossible a up-coming album. Nevertheless they released two full-length albums. Grzegorz Haus Ov Doom (Vocals (operatic), Samples, Keyboards) and Jacek [The DoomHammer] (Vocals, Drum Programming, Samples, Keyboards) did a really good job with Zaraza, its atmosphere is heavy, brutal and yet beautiful.

Lyrics talks about Extreme Depression and the abstract part of life. Sang with gutturals and some clean and really low vocals.

Zaraza is incomparable to any band. Zaraza has a unique style even following Funeral Doom, songs like "Heart Ov The Goat" makes you see how unique it is. It is definitely a must have, If clouds had speakers I would make everyone in the earth listen to it, lol. Must have!