The Wait review by ZOX

• Released: Aug 23, 2005
ZOX: The Wait

These kids from a 15 minute car ride away from my house (Zox hometown is in Providence, Rhode Island) are extremely good! I've been up to date with everything from them. But anyways, this band is unbilivablely awesome. "The Wait" Is thier second album in two and a-half years thier fisrt album was "Take Me Home" but this CD is by far ZOX at it's best. I think Zox is a complete cross between The Cure, Fugazi, The Police, and Beethoven. Zox's distinctive style is at once remarkably innovative and surprisingly familiar.

Overall my impression on the lyrics are incredible. Eli Miller leadvocals/songwriter/guitar) does a flawless job at lyrics. Eli is as poignant and has personal songwriting of a hapless romantic. Short. Sweet. To the piont.

Providence based, volin laced rock reggae punk are on the verge of a giant break through in the music industry with a style all thier own. This album has no comparision at all to any other and out there, they're their own unique style. There is nothing on this album that I hate my favorite song has to be Carolyn, because of the way it is meshed all together, perfectly. And If anything at all were to happen to this album at all, I would defently go back out and buy it.

ZoxRoxMySox
    o man this band is the best. i live right down the street from them. "The Wait" is seriously the best album i have ever listen to next to there first album "Take Me Home". They are just the greatest band ever
    NevermorePsalm
    My guitar teacher is good friends with the drummer from Zox, and I have to say, they are a great band, even if they aren't my style.
    DaBlackE
    I've never heard of these guys! I thought there was a misprint & this was gonna be a review for a amp!
    vlp_dope
    yeah they made a canon in d cover and it's pretty awesome....they're gonna be in the warped tour....so hopefully i'm gonna see them
    FireHazard
    this band is hands down the greatest live band i have ever seen. amazing chemistry between these guys. haven't listened to all of this album, but "Take Me Home" is simply one of the best cds i've heard. it's great to see a band with some musicianship these days, and to play with a violin so awesomely is just the cherry on the top.
    Black Light
    I saw these guys last week and they really put energy into their shows. Their sound is extremely unique. It's a nice break from the usual.