The Wait Review

ZOX: The Wait
Release Date: Aug 23, 2005
Label: Armo
Genres: Rock
Zox are more determined but slightly less distinctive with The Wait, a very enjoyable but less than awe-inspiring album.
 9.3
 9.7
 8.9
review (1) 10 comments vote for this album:
The Wait Reviewed by: cky9577, on march 30, 2006

Sound: These kids from a 15 minute car ride away from my house (Zox hometown is in Providence, Rhode Island) are extremely good! I've been up to date with everything from them. But anyways, this band is unbilivablely awesome. "The Wait" Is thier second album in two and a-half years thier fisrt album was "Take Me Home" but this CD is by far ZOX at it's best. I think Zox is a complete cross between The Cure, Fugazi, The Police, and Beethoven. Zox's distinctive style is at once remarkably innovative and surprisingly familiar. // 9

Lyrics: Overall my impression on the lyrics are incredible. Eli Miller leadvocals/songwriter/guitar) does a flawless job at lyrics. Eli is as poignant and has personal songwriting of a hapless romantic. Short. Sweet. To the piont. // 10

Overall Impression: Providence based, volin laced rock reggae punk are on the verge of a giant break through in the music industry with a style all thier own. This album has no comparision at all to any other and out there, they're their own unique style. There is nothing on this album that I hate my favorite song has to be Carolyn, because of the way it is meshed all together, perfectly. And If anything at all were to happen to this album at all, I would defently go back out and buy it. // 10

Comments