Eliminator review by ZZ Top

• Released: Mar 23, 1983
ZZ Top: Eliminator

'Eliminator' was a great blues-rock album from the American trio ZZ Top. Their previous two albums, 'Fandango! ' and 'El Loco', only just sneaked into the album charts, but 'Eliminator' reached an incredible no.3 and spent 157 weeks in the album charts. It was a massive boost for ZZ Top and they never looked back. The opening track, 'Gimme All Your Lovin', was one of ZZ Top's most successful hits. It's a classic blues-rock song that reached no.10 in the UK charts. There are also other great hits that feature on 'Eliminator', they are 'Sharp Dressed Man', 'Legs' and the less prolific 'TV Dinners'. But the best song on this album that didn't get released is the six-minute 'I Need You Tonight'. It contains an awesome solo from Billy Gibbons (lead guitarist) which also made this song successful. Overall, I was impressed with the sound of 'Eliminator'. I have rated all songs above average, because they are superb.

Credit to Dusty Hill (bassist) and Frank Beard (drummer), but most of all, credit to Billy Gibbons for composing these songs. The lyrics are great and so are his singing skills, it suits his music. That's what also made these songs successful.

'Eliminator' is one of my Dad's favourite albums and he encouraged me to listen to it. I'm not a big fan of ZZ Top like my Dad, but this album is incredible. The most impressive songs on this album are 'Gimme All Your Lovin', 'Sharp Dressed Man' and 'I Need You Tonight'. What I love about this album was that it was pure blues-rock music and enjoyable to listen to. What I didn't like about this album was that all 11 tracks sounded familiar. If this album got stolen/lost, my Dad would make me buy it again. To end this review, 'Eliminator' is ZZ Top's greatest album and is an enjoyable album as well.

JackWhite1988
    Pretty good album...not as good as their 70's stuff but my favorite song is "Got Me Under Pressure". That's a great rocker.
    iljh
    I LOVE ZZ TOP!!!!! Im going to see them on May 19th. They were the first rock band I liked. Only one review? I'll have to change that. ^_^
    zzfan
    love zz top. got a copy of their Eliminator cd. got to see their concert this year. It was a great. Even though half of the songs, NO BAND WILL BEAT ZZ TOP !
    I am the Drake
    Man I got this one on vinyl. It's pretty sweet. I listen to it a lot. ZZ Top really knows how to rock.