AD-3000M review by Agile

Agile: AD-3000M

Purchased from: Rondo music. Usa

Has slightly sharper bitting pickups than my Les Paul. But as said before higher output. No hum as rest. I as have several others might consider eventually replacing the pick ups and even if you spent 200 on them you will still have one sweet cheap guitar. Played through Fender Blues Junior has good sustain and note clarity with pre amp volume (gain) turned down. Seems to be silly to comment on how it sounds with various effects pedals as this does not represent the core sounds that this guitar will make. Makes all the usual clean to crunchy noises you would expect of a humbucker guitar with maple on mahogany body.

I just can't quite understand how USA built guitars using inferior woods etc are being sold for 2 to 3 times this guitars price including shipping from the states and a high quality hard case. If you are a guitar snob then by a Gibson and convince yourself it is worth it, but I have one that yes I love, but I can see that this will become a regular favourite as it plays so well, and if I dropped it, yes I would buy another without the kids starving that month! Pros great materials, superb quilted maple top 3/4 inch in Tribal Blue, comes with hardcase. Cons no snob value, don't pick it up by headstock out the case.

Overall this is one outstanding guitar straight out of the case. Even after shipping at near zero temperatures at moment it was very nearly in tune straight out of the case! My only concern is the neck joint onto the body. Being a double cutaway rather than a LP shape there is some flex in the neck as its a heavy guitar ~ 9 lbs and I think probably needs picking up with more care than a LP shape. That said once strapped on is solid and comfortable. The strap buttons on a standard Les Pauls are always a concern and I had to put strap locks on. This Agile has much larger buttons and I think you probably would not need to if you playing at home.

Action and setup out of the case are great. I can't see any requirement to fiddle at the moment. No fret buzz anywhere up neck.no sharp fret edges anywhere. Finish is near perfect. The Ultra picky anal retentive commentators you read online might quibble about some imperfections that up close with a magnifying glass. But get real this is a 350 pound guitar with materials that Gibson or PRS would charge you near 3000. The maple top is quilted so the effect is always going to be difficult to exactly match up, and to be honest Not as obvious as a flame top.

Made in south Korea. Quilted maple double cutaway on solid Mahogany body, un chambered. Deep blue (tribal blue) high gloss front, blue back and neck (mahogany) and rear of headstock. Ebony fret board with jumbo frets, 22 of them, with Abalone rectangle inlays. Double humbuckers, Alnico Vs Seem higher output than the PAF 57s on my Gibson LP. Dual controls vol and tone, with three way toggle switch. Black pickup surrounds and black hat knobs. Grover 1:18 tuners, chrome. Tunomatic style bridge. Came in hardcase included in price.I have paid 100 for similar in UK.

AGAPY4EVER
    When you price out the cost to manufacture a guitar by the hour and material purchased in America, then you understand how the cost of an American guitar is so high. infearior woods or electronics, that is a matter of opinion and the price range you paid for Luthiers in America are paid 25 or 30 dollars an hour. some guitars take weeks to complete by hand. Fingure out why in America the price is so much more? we know where our glue is from, other countries could careless as long as it works for one or two years then their off the hook.
    Davy755
    I just replaced the alnico IV pups in my LP copy, with a set of alnico V. A 16K2 in the bridge and a 9K2 in the neck - the sound is now absolutely huge!