AL-2000 review by Agile

Agile: AL-2000

Purchased from: Rondo Music

I will say the sound through my Peavey Vypyr 30 is really nice. I have run it through all the high gain and clean amp models and it sounds very nice. I have played clean nlues and dirty drop tunes and it handles them well. I think it would sound better with Duncans though and I am still contemplating doing the pup Switch.

I enjoy playing metal and hard rock. Honestly I can get some really nice metal tones and rock tones with this guitar. I will buy another Agile again, maybe the Dauntless or the 3000. I bought this because I am a beginner, I have only been playing just over a year. This is a solid guitar no matter what level( my guitar teacher loves it). I compared this to an Epi and Mexi Strat and I decided on this for price, quality and sound. Check them out at rondomusic.com. If you expect what you pay for you should be very happy with this purchase.

I a not a gigging musician, but I would play it live if I were jamming with a band. The hardware is durable, it has grover tuners and very nice hardware to boot. My strap buttons are nice and sturdy so no worries there. I would probably upgrade pups before I would play live. Stock pickups are slightly weak and muddy. But I paid 200 bucks, what do you expect?

This guitar sucked out of the factory. The truss rod was way out of whack and the pickups needed adjustment, BUT after the initial set up this thing is a dream to play. The maple top and the finish are flawless, I will give it that. No fret buzz now after the last adjustment. I am happy with the set up and the finish.

My previous review of this model was a little biased. It has almost been a year since I reveiewed it. The body and finish are still impeccable. You can go to rondomusic.com and view all the features. My volume and tone knobs were not put on correctly and they wobble a little. I have had it set up twice in the last year. The second time needed very little adjustment, but the first time it was way out of whack.