AL-2000 review by Agile

Agile: AL-2000

Purchased from: rondomusic.com

I mainly Led Zeppelin and Nirvana so this guitar was great. Actually it does any style of music as long as you adjust the controls right. I use a Fender Twin Reverb with it and it sounds amazing. I sometimes run it through amplitube for the computer, but I feel that it takes away the guitar's tone and makes it muddy.

This guitar is amazing and I love it. PERIOD.

This guitar would definetely withstand live playing. I shred on this thing and it doesn't even go out of tune. My crap strap hasn't fallen of once which is good. I love it.

The action came very low with absolutely no fret buzz, which I love. The treble pickup was perfect, but I had to raise the rythym a little bit, but nothing big. One thing I plan to do is file down the fret ends. This is something you have to do on every guitar excluding customs. It's nothing crucial, just makes it feel more "broken in". The finish is flawless and I cannot stop staring at it.

I ordered this guitar from rondomusic.com and it was at my house in 2 days. I chose UPS ground for shipping and they upgraded me for free to fedex overnight! It is a Korean made Les Paul type guitar. Remember, don't let where it's made fool you. This guitar is awesome. It has 22 jumbo frets and you can choose the size of the neck. It features a solid maple top and a mahogany body. I love the flame top and how the finish catches the light. I was extremely impressed at this $2000 Gibson finish on a $225 guitar. It has a Gibson style tune-o-matic Bridge which allows you to adjust it any way you want it. Standard Les Paul two volume, two tone electronics. 3-way selector that switches 2 ceramic magnet humbuckers. I was surprised that this guitar had Grover tuners because those are tuners you usually expect on high end axes.

Blargaha
    surely we need some guidelines here on "how to rate a guitar"
    Maybe dividing reviews into price classes?
    lokidials
    It all depends on the actual guitar, just because a guitar says Gibson on it doesn NOT make it a good guitar, it just means you paid good money for it. I have worked in music shops for years and have played MANY MANY Gibsons, some of them are crazy awesome fantastic and others were total shit. HOWEVER on the same note I have played MANY agiles as well as a guitar player and tech and I have NEVER not once played or fixed one that sucked. They all feel and play pretty spot on, so that company is definitely doing something right. Guitars ratings are BASED ON THE PLAYER If this dude thinks it's a 9 or 10 then that's what he thinks. It's his review and that's HIS rating. No need to really argue about it.
    veryankit
    surely we need some guidelines here on "how to rate a guitar". i think ratings shouldn't consider price tags. this way if a 700$ guitar rated 8 and a 1500$ one is 8.1, a reader can make out that the expensive guitar doesn't really do justice to its price. but of course then there would be problems like: how would a not-much-experienced guitarist rate his new guitar? however, it also doesn't make any sense that all guitars get 9s and 10s. i believe it would be better if ratings are independent of price, in which case a buyer, reading the reviews could see both the price and the rating, and hence determine the right guitar for himself keeping both things in mind. these forums should do something about this. most comments here are just from people fighting about the rating system, not even about the guitar.
    Ragu35
    People don't understand that reviews are subjective and they feel the need to argue semantics until they are blue in the face, or, in this case, their hands begin to cramp.