AL-2000 review by Agile

Agile: AL-2000

Purchased from: Rondo Music

Well, I play mostly hard rock/metal music from Guns N Roses, Black Stone Cherry, AC/DC, Airbourne, Tesla, etc. And this with the right effects, this guitar is perfect for these bands! However, if playing the guitar without any effects to add tone to it, like a type of pedal for instance, the guitar sounds a little too fat for me. The treble pickup especially, but it still sounds great for 225 bucks! The neck pickup really shines though. It sounds really great for blues songs, and is also pretty smooth for soloing! But if you are looking for an absolutely outstanding sounding guitar that can do anything, think of the kinds of amps and effects pedals you have first, because they can really improve the sound of this guitar.

Overall this guitar is a very good guitar, especially for the price. The features and durability or top notch, and the finish is stunning! If something were to happen to this, I would probably buy a replacement. The bad things about this guitar is that the action was too high for my liking, and the sound could be a lot better. Compared to my Gibson, this thing is no match. But it is still very high quality, and a great Les Paul Copy for a low price.

If I ever had the chance to go play live, I would definitely use this on stage. The finish holds up nicely, although part of the back of the guitar already chipped off a little, but that was my fault. The strap buttons, hardware, etc is all very good. Rondo Music is a very dependable company, and I will probably upgrade to the AL-3000 in the future.

The finish like I said earlier is really fantastic, this is a beautiful guitar, and the pictures on rondo music don't do it any justice. The neck is a 60's style neck, so its pretty thin. I actually prefer the 50's style neck on my Gibson SG, but this is still fine. When I first got this guitar, the action... Well, it was almost painful! Playing chords was very hard because it was way to high, and it was also really hard to do solos on it. After a little bridge adjustment, it was a little better, but I recently had the action lowered to my preference. So overall, the action was a little too high for my preference, but it was still pretty good with some minor bridge adjustment, that took about a minute, it still plays pretty good, so having the whole guitar set up isn't totally necessary.

I got this guitar new from rondo around four months ago, because I own a Gibson SG, and wanted to see how good this low priced guitar was. It it hand made in south Korea, has 22 frets, a set neck, mahogany body I believe, and a real flamed top. My model was in "cherry sunburst flame", and it looked spectacular! The body is very thick, like a real Les Paul because this is a Les Paul copy. It has two passive ceramic humbuckers, two volume and tone knobs, and the usual three way pickup selector, as well as a tune-o-matic bridge and a stop tailpiece. I'm not sure if the tuners are locking or not, but they are grover tuners, so the guitar stays in tune pretty good, but gets out of tune sometimes like many guitars. I ordered a case with this guitar, and the case was great for protecting it. For the low, price, these features are fantastic!

COREYTAYLOR721
    I could not bring my self to playing one of these. It is funny how the name on the headstock changes one's view of a guitar. Seriously the price is what always gets me because these are SO cheap and from South Korea. Just doesn't feel right to me.